Meeting Minutes for Annual Meeting held Tuesday 02/17/2009
- Call to Order: 7:10pm 2/17/09 Present-Tony Ameri-Tech, Ed, Bill, Evelyn (all
present and accounted for)
Certifying of Proxies & establish a Quorum:
- Six proxies were received.
- Three board members.
Seven general members present.
For a total of 16 accounted for members.
- Riverwatch consists of 159 units. A quorum is established for the annual
meeting when we have 10% representation of the membership. Minimum of
16 member required to establish a quorum.
- Quorum is established.
- Establish Proof of Notice: Notices were sent out mid January 2009, two notices were
returned as undeliverable. Those were (unit numbers are listed in official documents)
- Read or waive Minutes of Last Member's Meeting: Board members read last years meeting
minutes - wow a year goes by fast!!! I (that would be me - Evelyn (Evie) ) will post last years annual
meeting minutes when I get them re-written for the web ... LOL!!! it's not quite as easy as scan and post
(unless I have unlimited space ... hmmmm ... Did I mention - THESE are interim notes until approved NEXT Year
;-) ? Anyway - we waived the reading of the minutes - I'll get them posted here
with a link before the end of the weekend. If that is not soon enough - let me know and I will scan and
email them to you :-) YAY!!! errr ... for you to type them up :-) Thank you (-:
Reports of Officers and Committees:
Four units dues remained unpaid for 2008.
- These units are with the attorney for foreclosure (just what we need
So far for 2009 - there are 57 units dues that remain unpaid.
- Mid March, any who are still unpaid will be sent to the
attorney for legal action :-(
- $5,000 budgeted for legal (but that was our issue last year - $5,000 budget but spent over
$15,000 ... yes ... some people seem to love lawyers :-( way to stimulate the economy a$$ ...
hole ... anyway - $5,000 is a LOT of money to have budgeted for legal expenses for a community
the size of ours. If you know a blood sucker ...
well ... ask them to move. Thank you :-)
We have $12,000 budgeted for the year.
We will start a quarter by quarter bucket list of projects (must be
done QTRly incase of unforeseen circumstances - see number
- Some we will do (to save money and assist us in building community)
others we will pay others to do (because of: they are better suited for
the work, we do not have the volunteers, pumping stimulus :-) into our
economy ... oh ... so many other reasons we would spend $12,000 extra
- I (Evie) will create WIP (Work in Process) and WIQ (Work in Queue
:-) lists. If you see something on the WIP or WIQ lists you would
like to be a part of ... contact Evie
- Issues to be addressed: entrance walls, sidewalks, trees,
bushes, island, posts, riverwatch view, dock, boat launch, playground
area (it's not just about the kids ... what do us big kids want
- Basketball Hoop - reimbursement check has been given to Ameri-Tech (if/when we do decide to put in
a hoop ... I hope we can get it as cheaply as we had)-: Note to ones who think to do good, be
ready to return if slapped down ... LOL!!! I wonder if that is why I do not like shopping?
... any way ... good deal :-)
Playground - Oh My GoodNESS - YAY!!! Thank goodness this playground has become such a magnet
for so many in the community :-) We are still waiting for the playground company to come down
to certify the playground (thank goodness ~again~ we had some pretty awesome volunteers who put the
set together ... and saved our community $3,500 (cost of assembly) Thank You to the
engineer, mechanic, electrician, fire man, accountant and what was the other profession? Who
gave of their time and a few weekends :-)
- You are real heros :-)
- $3,000 will be scheduled quarterly for maintenance.
Emergency Ingress/Egress fence at the end of RiverEdge dr (the Court) has been damaged to the point
of not being accessible - AGAIN.
- Riverwatch is Pinellas county, Crest Ridge is Pasco
- Crest Ridge is afraid of their children ... They are AFRAID of
- The police will not do anything unless it is a felony (per Tony at the meeting
Evie will be taking pictures and posting them here and other
- Will the kids be proud of what they do when the pressure is they are A$$ ... holes
... and yes - Evie said it :-) Squish like a grape if you are in my way ... I
always seem to step right in it :-)
Anyway - current cost to FIX the fence AGAIN - $2,000 ... where does THIS
money come from? Evie says A$$~holes~
- I may have pics for sale soon
:-) LOL!!! (-: and these are just interim meeting minutes
& Evie random thoughts :-)
- If you see misdeeds - call 911 :-(yes-every time)-: take pics, video, whatever ... but
don't let them see you ... :-( 'cause we want to catch them in the act ... yea ... whatever ...
Let me catch you - ya little brat :-) LOL!!! Now watch me get arrested LOL!!! maybe
I shouldn't be laughing huh?
Open Floor for Nominations
We didn't have a nominating committee.
- We had no one volunteer for the committee
Asked for volunteers for next years nominating committee
- None yet (but we will get you my pretty ... LOL!!!)
Anyone want to be on the board?
Concern of many members - the possibility/probability of getting sued? We do have
lawyer happy neighbors :-(
- We ARE covered under the liability insurance we carry - but that is absurd to even
have to consider this from a neighbor, But ... we do :-( the cost to our community for
NOT Standing up to tyrants that try to bully others ... well we end up like those in
Crest Ridge ...
Community, volunteer ism, RiverWatch is pretty awesome ... anyone want to volunteer for the
- Ed - yes
- Bill - yes
Evelyn - yes
- ok - we have a minimum of three ... five would be awesome - but we'll take
even one more :-)
- Bob (Colleen) St. Lawrence (WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bob McDonald (WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FIVE!!!! We have FIVE!!!!)
- At that point pandemonium broke out and I think coffee stuff, community
picnics, and summer fireworks were being discussed.
- First time in a year and a half we had more than three people on the board
- Next year - we will have campaigning :-) YAY!!! Super Duper
board next year ... Now to whip ya all out of the carpets ;-)
- Candidates have read and agree to abide by the association documents. (Documents are
listed on the website - please let's make this the year we get them correct, viewable, and visible to all
- Introduction and Q&A session for new nominees
- Collection of votes - Only five people total volunteer for the board - no vote
- Election of Directors - WHOOOO HOOO acceptance speech anyone? No ... YAY!!!
- Adjourn Meeting : 7:56pm Bill motioned Evelyn 2nd
Board Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order: 8:07pm
- Election of Chairman of the Meeting - Ed - Bob S nom - Bob M second
Election of Officers
- Ed (President) - Evelyn Nom. Bob 2nd
- Bill (VP) - Evelyn Nom. Ed 2nd
- Evelyn (Secretary) - Ed Nom. Bill 2nd
- Bob S (Treasurer) - Ed Nom. Evelyn 2nd
- Bob M (Director) - Bill Nom. Ed 2nd
- Adjourn Meeting: 8:13pm Bill Motioned Ed Second